A smooth dark wine. Blackberries, black doris plums with a pepper finish.
- Winemaker: Andrew Nimmo, KEW
- Region: Gisborne
- Variety: Merlot 60%, Malbec 40%
- Harvest Date: March 13 & March 15
- Bottling Date: 13 April 2016
- Release Date: May 16
Merlot & Malbec grapes were fermented separately in open top stainless vats. After primary ferment the wines underwent full malolactic fermentation in barrel. American oak staves were added for 10 months.
Merlot was machine harvested from Ian Smiths vineyard in Te Karaka in excellent condition and good ripeness. Malbec grapes were machine harvested at Kirkpatrick Estate Winery in excellent condition and good ripeness.
- Alcohol: 13.5%
- Residual Sugar: 2.0
- Total Acidity: 7.2
- ph: 3.50
- Cellaring: 1-2 years from date of bottling