An approachable easy drinking wine. Cherries, plums with a spice finish. Great for a Kiwi Barbeque.
- Winemaker: Andrew Nimmo, EIT
- Region: Gisborne
- Variety: Merlot 58%, Malbec 42%
- Harvest Date: March 2018 & March 17
- Bottling Date: February 2019
- Release Date: August 2019
Merlot & Malbec grapes were fermented separately in open top stainless vats. After primary ferment the wines underwent full malolactic fermentation in barrel. Oak staves were added for 10 months.
Merlot was machine harvested from Hamish Jackson vineyard in Te Karaka in excellent condition and good ripeness. Malbec grapes were hand harvested at EIT vineyard in Riverside Road in excellent condition and good ripeness.
- Alcohol: 12.2%
- Residual Sugar: 2.0
- Total Acidity: 6.4
- ph: 3.54
- Cellaring: 2+ years from date of bottling
Silver medal – NZ International Wine Show 2019